Thursday, March 5, 2009

Book recommendation

When I started my job, one of the first things I did was to also join the book circle. I think it's an ingenious concept. There are typically 12 people in each circle. Each person buys a book, and then once a month you switch books so that you get to read lots of books for the price of one! Also, I end up trying books that I might not have thought about getting myself.

Earlier this week I got my first new book, and it was one that I had been planning to buy myself, but never actually got around to. And it is SO good. :) This is one of the books where, when I'm at work, I just want to get home and read my book! And also, if I have other plans it kind of annoys me because it takes time away from reading the book!

So, you're probably wondering what book it is, and it's The house at Riverton by Kate Morton. It is really good, and I'd recommend anyone to try it! It's an easy read although it's quite thick. (At least my edition is, but that might be because of large typing, haven't seen the paperback version so can't say for sure).

The best thing is that the author has already written a second book, The forgotten garden, which will be published in April. So now I have something to look forward to! I just love it when I find new authors that I like. :)

On another hand, I notice that reading a book takes a lot longer these days. When I was a student, if I found a book I loved, I usually read it in one sitting, staying up the whole night to finish it. That's not an option anymore, unfortunately I can't skip work just because I read a great book the night before. :P

Consequently, my reading has dropped since starting to work. But in my current job I have a long (for me at least! I'm kind of spoiled) commute to work. So I try to listen to audiobooks on my way there and back again, which helps me get in some reading time. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hei there - yes, I am still reading both your personal blog and the Hekla one. Don't think I stopped following what is happening with you, my friend!
Just wanted to say thanks for the book recommendation which seems very interesting! I just put it on my amazon wishlsit so I can get it next time I need something to read. Please share further book recs with me!
And I so agree on the time difference in reading now....
(BTW: Have you read "Twilight"? I bet you have!)