Here I am, almost a year after my last entry (where I, by the way, apologized for being a lazy blogger - now that's the understatement of the year! :P). One of my friends reminded me that I did in fact use to write a blog, so I'll just jump right into it again.
A lot has happened in the last year, of course. So I'll just mention a few things that pops up in my mind.
I have started wearing glasses again. I'm not going to wear them all the time, only when working, reading or driving. This is because I have perfect eyesight. Only too bad that I only use one eye to see with most of the time :P (which gives me a lot of head aches when I work, for instance, as my eyes strain from staring at a computer all day).
We have bought a big house! It's in Lillestrøm, which is a town (officially, anyways, I think it's a big overstatement) right outside of Oslo. It takes 11 minutes by train. You can see what it looked like when the previous owners lived there from this ad. We moved early May, and moving was a lot of stress, but now I finally feel a little bit settled down and it is starting to feel like home. Oh, and the good thing is that we have a dedicated guest room (well, not dedicated exactly, it doubles as my sanctuary when I want to be by my self and rest - I love being able to just be me sometimes! :). So now there's really no excuse not to come visit! :)
We also have kittens! Our cat, Hekla, has three little furballs running around. They are ADORABLE! :) Unfortunately, it is now almost time to sell them, so they won't be staying that long. It's rather traumatic to think about, but we'll be keeping one or two, so I'll just have to console my self with that. If you want to see some pictures of them, you can look at Lettgaupe.no.
A couple of years back I bought a bike. I rode it maybe 5 times before I got a flat tire. Of course, I planned to fix it, but I somehow never got around to it, until now. But Lillestrøm is very flat, and there are a lot of great bike lanes around where I live, so I now I've started biking again, and it's a lot of fun! :) And speaking of bike lanes, on one of the routes, I only had to ride a couple of minutes until I was out in the COUNTRY. And I literally mean COUNTRY. Large acres of land and farms and stuff. So that's how outskirts I live now, crazy! :)
I've also taken up swimming again, unfortunately that's the one thing Lillestrøm lacks, a proper indoors swimming pool. Luckily, they have a great outdoors one, so I'm taking advantage of that as long as it's open. It is actually a large park with a pool in it, so you can stay there all day and sunbathe and barbeque. You can see some pictures of it here.
So, what else is new? I changed the template for the blog, I thought it was rather fitting to use the rain background as I'm currently on vacation in Bergen, where it rains cats and dogs!
Oh, and I just recently discovered a great music site - grooveshark.com. I've just started to try it out, but it looks really promising. No commercial, unlike Spotify (which I love), more songs, and it's supposed to have a lot of the same features as Pandora did. (and I miss Pandora! Wonder why they're not legal in Norway yet, we allow Spotify, so we should allow Pandora, too!) So I'm really looking forward to trying out this site a little more!
Okay, that's all I can think of for now, I'll try to write more often from now on! :)
P.S. I cheated a little, as I started writing this entry when I was on vacation in Bergen. I didn't post it right away, as I thought I'd add a pic of me with my new glasses. But now over a week has passed, and I realize that if I'll wait for that picture, this post will never happen.
So, at this moment I am back in Oslo, working again. And one of the kittens has found a new home, which is very sad, but also great because it's with a couple of friends of ours, and they will give him the most wonderful home ever! :) (except for ours :P)
2 comments:
Congrats on the new house! It's beautiful. Sounds like life is treating you good these days. Keep on blogging. It's great to hear from you again. :)
An entry! How could I miss that!! Oh, I wanna come visit ......... I really do.
What do you do in november (3rd to 7th)? I have some free days then. maybe I shjould think Norway again ;-)) Maybe there are cheap flights to get when booking now?
Am I getting wanderlust? Yeah, think so.
Yay for biking and swimming and wearing glasses though.
Post a Comment