Friday, August 8, 2008

Car!

I'm planning to buy a car! Now you're probably thinking "what, are you crazy??? You can't even drive and you're buying a car???". Well, one of the main reasons I want a car is so that I can learn how to drive properly, get some experience and be a safe driver. And, of course, I'll take lots of driving lessons with other people before I set off on my own. It's been over 10 years, and I don't want to kill anyone. :)

So, here's the deal: I don't really need a car, I know that. And Marius doesn't really need a car either, he knows that, too. But TOGETHER, we kind of need a car. (and we want one!) So we decided to buy a car together.

Because neither of us need a car to get to work, we're hoping that it won't be a problem that we live separately. And out apartments are not that far away from each other, about 10 minutes on the subway. So if the car is at Marius' and I need it, it won't take long to get it (and vice versa). So hopefully this is a good plan, and it's certainly much cheaper than each of us buying our own car.

So, we're going to look at some cars today. Marius' mother and her husband are really helpful, and they are going to look at the cars with us. They know a lot more about cars than we do, so I'm really grateful for that. (When I look at cars, I mainly look at how cool they look, and whether they are black (I want a black car, or maybe a deep red one). So I'm not a very good person to decide which car to buy. Okay, so I also make sure that it has 5 seats, aircondition, and airbags, and that it hasn't run too long, but that's about all I know about cars)

I'm so excited that I'm getting a car, I couldn't sleep last night, just kept thinking about cars. And now, every car I see, I wonder whether it is a car I would like to own. This is fun! :)

2 comments:

Robyn Baird said...

Getting your first car is very exciting!! I'll never forget how scared Mom was to ride in the car with you during drivers ed. LOL

Anne said...

I KNOW! I keep thinking about that. Think I've improved a lot since then, though. :) At least I hope so, and the people I've practiced with haven't been too scared, so I'm probably improving :)