Sunday, August 31, 2008

RIP bettafish

Today my favorite fish died. :'(

For my birthday, I got a very cool aquarium, and two fish to start with - a male and a female betta fighting fish. They were really cool to watch, he was always teasing her and chasing her around.

Since then, I have bought more fish, but these two remained my favorites. Especially the male, as the male fighting fish are really beautiful. It was fun to see how curious they were each time I introduced new fish.

Yesterday, when I came home from vacation, I noticed that the male fighting fish wasn't looking too good. His stomach was swollen, and his whole appearance looked much more ragged then usual. He would mainly lie at the bottom, and wouldn't eat the food I provided. NOT a good sign!

I didn't know what to do, so I kept watching to see whether he was still alive, and planned to ask the pet shop on Monday. But, today he died, before I could get him any help. It was really sad to see, as his lady friend would stay by his side, keeping him company. And now she looks really lonely and sad. (With my overactive imagination, I really shouldn't have an aquarium, it breaks my heart whenever a fish dies).

Here's a picture of him from when he was still healthy:


1 comment:

The Browns said...

He was a GORGEOUS fish Anne, I love his blue coloring, sorry he died. :(